Monday, November 14, 2011

Yurt Kidding Me!

NeimanMarcus.com
I've got a yurt in chapter 10. It's nothing like this one from Neiman Marcus, but then they're channeling Barbara Eden.

Which is not to say I haven't seen anything like it...

I lived in Abu Dhabi, and when you said party - and there was an important looking guest list - you got a big deal tent draped in gorgeous material just like this. With air conditioning, and red carpets, and biryani like you've never tasted. Even the invitations came embossed with gold calligraphy on velvet, practically screaming: Pull out your princess slippers!

However, that wasn't  a yurt. That was a big deal. And lavender wasn't usually in the color scheme.


My nomadic yurt is draped in woven kilims, filled with floor pillows, lined with tassels tied up in bright skeins of wool. The outside is plain felt. In my head it's rough, black goat felt, but it could be white sheep's felt. Either way, the whole thing can be packed up and loaded onto a pair of horses in a couple of hours.

I think you'd need white glove service for the $75,000 lavender fantasy up there. No, I'm not kidding you. $75.000.

via wikipedia

What Recession? Neiman Marcus Christmas Catalog Offers $75,000 Yurt


6 comments:

Sarah said...

That is quite a yurt. Pretty hilarious that it's in the Neiman Marcus catalog!

Old Kitty said...

It looks like genie's (d'jinn??) bottle - so unpreposessing on the outside but my goodness! Oh will you look at the inside of that Neiman Marcus yurt!! WOW!!!

Take care
x

LTM said...

wooow... I'd like to just peek in one. OK, and then play for about an hour like I'm Jeannie. Or is it Genie? How did they spell that? :D

very cool~ <3

Connie Keller said...

Oh, I love the NM yurt!

Jacqueline Howett said...

Love it. I wish my room looked like that!

Southpaw said...

I didn't know those were called yurts! Very cool.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails