Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Rumi Inspiration

I only have time for a quick post because I'm NaNoWriMoing. The italicized lines are all Rumi, taken from Goodreads this time.

When I write, I remember:

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do.

When I have to revise my revolting rough draft, I remember:

How do the birds make great sky circles...
They fall and falling they are given wings.

When I get a critique and I need to make sooo many changes, I remember:

If you are irritated by every rub, how will your mirror be polished?

When I get a good rejection letter, I remember:

The wound is the place where the Light enters you.

When I sigh and think I'll never find an agent, I remember:

What you seek is seeking you.

Remember:

Do not be satisfied with the stories that come before you. Unfold your own myth.

7 comments:

Pat Hatt said...

Great things to keep in mind, even though not easy sometimes.

Old Kitty said...

Wise positive answers to keep one sane especially when embarking on a perilous writerly journey! Take care
x

Carolyn V said...

Good luck with NaNo! Plus I love your list. Every writer needs a list like that. =)

Connie Keller said...

Good Luck with NaNo!

Golden Eagle said...

Good luck with NaNoWriMo!

LTM said...

love love LOVE! You know I love these Rumi quotes. I love them in your story. "What you seek is seeking you." Love it. Good luck~ :o) <3

Glynis Peters said...

Good luck with NaNo. I pulled out this year. Too many writing commitments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails