|Moshe Bursuker via UrbanGlass.org |
So here we go: Stylish Blogger Award below!
I'm over at The Quintessentially Questionable Query Experiment (Q3E) with Matt Rush today and tomorrow. He's posted my craptastic query for constructive criticism. Please head over there and let me know what you think. I know it's too long, (aka my shortened synopsis) and it feels plot driven. However, underneath all that is a story with an amazing theme of the MC finding her place in the two worlds....I just need to find the query muse so I can let it out! Anybody seen her lately?
What's all this got to do with Message in a Bottle? (Genie not included!)
Querying feels like I'm on a desert island...tossing a query into the sea and hoping for a response...and guess what ...a hundred million castaway queries are looking for a home! I wanted to get the lyrics up here, but then I found this amazing clip for Guitar Hero. The song expresses my anxiety pretty well. Trying to keep up with the darn buttons in this game illustrates it even better! LOL. Ahh! Demented laughter. I'm really going over the edge. :D
And, as a friend pointed out to me the other day, the Kevin Costner movie Message in Bottle is awesome too. Rent it, if you haven't already.
Deniz Bevan gave me the Stylish Blogger award the other day and I need to:
- Thank and link back to the person who awarded me this award.
- Share seven things about myself
- Award a recently discovered great blogger(s)
- Contact the blogger(s) and tell them about the award
- You might have guessed, if you follow me enough, that Sting is my absolute favorite musician. I could listen to him 24/7.
- When I lived in CT, I had an amazing English garden. Here in NC, red clay and drought thwart my every effort. I miss my Casablanca lillies! (They're my favorite flower.) Does this count as two things?
- My last name is Snow Abiad and that translates to Snow White. And I write anti-princess stories. the irony does not escape me...
- My high school French teacher, Ms. Cassidy, used to call me La Neige. I almost used the name for my blog, but I wasn't sure people would get the meaning. Maybe I'll create a fun little signature for the bottom of each post. What do you think?
- My favorite color has always been turquoise. Now it reminds me of the Mediterranean. Apparently, that is the only thing I share with Grace Kelly. :D
- I don't like fresh ginger. That's the only flavor I can't have in my food, so Thai is out for me! I do like ginger ale though.
- I guess you already know...I love ruins. The acanthus an artisan coaxed out of the stone centuries ago, waiting for me to touch it and connect. The hidden history, waiting for me to rediscover it. The potential for a great story to unfold in my head!
If you haven't stopped by her blog yet, her specialty is psychology and YA lit. Must read stuff there, I tell you!
Think I need to work on the size....
(Btw...Roni Loren is also hosting a contest for a query crit from Anita Mumm of the Nelson Agency.)