Monday, December 27, 2010

Flavors of Turkey

via Amazon.com
With all the spices available at the Mısır Çarşı, I think some people would believe that Turkish food is inherently spicy hot. Most of the time it isn't. What is Turkish cuisine: lots of olive oil, pilavs, all sorts of vegetable dishes, kebabs and koftes (meatballs), awesome fetas and of course Baklava. That's really just a slice of what's available! If got into the dolmas (stuffed anything) and meze, I'd be here all day.

Are you hungry?

Sheilah Kaufman spent some time in Turkey exploring the countryside and the cuisine. Then she and Nur Ilkin whipped up The Turkish Cookbook. The title earned a spot on the Washington Post's Top Cookbooks of 2010 list.

Might be a good place to spend that gift card you got for the holidays...

Related Articles:

US gastronome's book on Turkish cuisine tops list
Enhanced by Zemanta

6 comments:

Old Kitty said...

Turkish meze!! Yum, yum!!! And of course baklava!! Thanks for the info on The Turkish Cookbook - I love that it says "regional recipes and stories"!! The stories must be amazing!!

Take care
x

Jules said...

I love Kabobs of any kind but then I love to eat :) And YES, you made me hungry.
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

Golden Eagle said...

Now you've made me rather hungry . . . :D

LTM said...

in Baton Rouge there are several Lebanese restaurants, and the menu items are so similar... mmmm... :d you're making me miss Arzi's~ ;o)

enjoy your holidays~ <3

Jemi Fraser said...

Now I'm hungry! Sounds delicious :)

Carolyn V. said...

It looks delicious! Now I'm hungry. lol. =D

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails