I learned about another arc at the Writer's Digest webinar for SF&F with Kristen Nelson:
- Plot catalyst had better be in the first 30 pages
- Plot catalyst had better not be stereotypical
- Plot catalyst is what agents are looking for in your pitch.
Well, I guess I already knew that stuff. The good news is I get a critique of my pitch, which might be worth more than the advice in the webinar.
In other random lessons:
- Creepy Query Girl taught me that FOSSEGRIM are cool merpeople.
- Melissa @ Through the Looking Glass updated me on Caesar Augustus and his theft of days from February. (He moved them to his own month, August).
- And Elana Sodolow diagnosed my "condition". Watch: