Monday, April 15, 2013

Istanbulive5 - gripin

My latest musical crush is on the Turkish band, gripin.
(gripin is also a med to cure the flu.) They were recently here in the US with Istanbulive, which I missed AGAIN. I need to plan better next year.

gripin has some good songs, but my favorite right now is called They Found the Cure for Loneliness - Yalnızlığın Çaresini Bulmuşlar. I planned to share the lyrics, but wow, lots of idioms and I didn't have enough time to straighten the words out. The long and short: One lie missing, one lie extra - either way it doesn't matter - the world keeps turning.

Enjoy!


3 comments:

Deniz Bevan said...

Ooh, I like them! Will have to look up some of their other songs

Theresa Milstein said...

Wow, what a gorgeous video. I like the music too.

By the way, I received my book today. Thank you, Carolyn!

Ilke said...

Great find! I am so behind on my Turkish rock groups! Thanks for posting this, I will look up the rest of the songs. I had no idea there was a Turkish rock festival here! I would have gone.

You are right about idioms... what a piece to translate!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails