Monday, April 15, 2013

Istanbulive5 - gripin

My latest musical crush is on the Turkish band, gripin.
(gripin is also a med to cure the flu.) They were recently here in the US with Istanbulive, which I missed AGAIN. I need to plan better next year.

gripin has some good songs, but my favorite right now is called They Found the Cure for Loneliness - Yalnızlığın Çaresini Bulmuşlar. I planned to share the lyrics, but wow, lots of idioms and I didn't have enough time to straighten the words out. The long and short: One lie missing, one lie extra - either way it doesn't matter - the world keeps turning.

Enjoy!


4 comments:

Deniz Bevan said...

Ooh, I like them! Will have to look up some of their other songs

pawan kumar said...

Cheap Hotel in DelhiAre you looking for Hotels in Delhi? Call cheap hotel in Delhi Today @+91-9810104774 or Hotels in Delhi at affordable rates.

Theresa Milstein said...

Wow, what a gorgeous video. I like the music too.

By the way, I received my book today. Thank you, Carolyn!

Ilke said...

Great find! I am so behind on my Turkish rock groups! Thanks for posting this, I will look up the rest of the songs. I had no idea there was a Turkish rock festival here! I would have gone.

You are right about idioms... what a piece to translate!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails