|Yarimburgaz Cave - TAY Project|
Details of the Yarimburgaz cave:
- Located in the Küçükçekmece area, near Istanbul
- Formed by and underground river, the double mouthed cave is known for it's prehistoric significance. The earliest evidence of human settlement in Turkey was found there.
- Site of a Byzantine church or monastery, similar to many caves in Turkey.
- Much archaeological evidence had been destroyed before the official dig. This was due to amateur interest in the old caves, and the worst offender - a mushroom farming operation.
- Iron bars on the cave are supposed to inhibit people from entering.
Muhteşem Yüzyıl producers are accused of using the cave as a setting, and digging a "hot spring" inside.
My question is this: Who unlocked the gates? And how did no one notice a film crew setting up there? The cave has been used in previous films and TV shows, so maybe no one thought anything of it?